NEURO PRAX® TMS/tES: TMS and tES compatible full-band DC-EEG bio- and neurofeedback system
The NEURO PRAX® TMS/tES is a full-band DC-EEG system, which is primarily intended for use in neuroscientific applications. The system measures physiological signals such as EEG, EMG and EP in the frequency range of 0 to 1,200 Hz simultaneously and synchronously for all channels. The unique amplifier technology captures EEG activities from infraslow (0 – 0.3 Hz) to ultrafast (80 – 1,200 Hz) frequencies.
The high amplifier dynamics and the high sampling rate make the NEURO PRAX® TMS/tES system particularly suitable for EEG measurement during transcranial magnetic stimulation and transcranial electrical stimulation with direct current (tDCS), alternating current (tACS) and random noise current (tRNS).
We can supply our high-performance full-band DC amplifiers with 32, 46 or 128 channels. The neuroConn software, specially tailored to the hardware, is intuitive, flexible and easy to use. There are a large number of software-based functions available, such as online the online correction on artifacts caused by eye and muscle movements, topographical analyses, spectral and amplitude mapping and online averaging.
CE-certified as bio- and neurofeedback system
The NEURO PRAX® TMS/tES is a CE-certified bio- and neurofeedback system. It's focus is on the training of slow cortical potentials (SCP) and frequency training. Biofeedback is a treatment method, based on operant conditioning. In this method, the patients receive feedback about their physiological states and changes of these states, which mostly cannot be perceived by the patient.
Neurofeedback is a kind of biofeedback and therefore a method in instrument-based behavioral therapy. Neurofeedback allows the patients to perceive and self-regulate their brain activity. Neurofeedback is probably effective in the treatment of ADHD and it possibly reduces the number of seizures in patients with epilepsy, if previous established treatments were unsuccessful.
Areas of application for the NEURO PRAX® TMS/tES:
- Neurofeedback (SCP and frequencies) in the treatment of ADHD and Epilepsy
- Recording and analysis of cortical and sub-cortical TMS-EEG activity
- Investigation of functional connectivity between areas of the brain
- Investigation of TMS-induced modulation of brain rhythms
- EEG-triggered TMS/tES stimulation
- Quantitative EEG analysis and cognitive evoked potentials before, during and after treatment with transcranial stimulation (tDCS-EEG, tACS-EEG, tRNS-EEG)
- Investigations into the safety of transcranial stimulation
- MEP-threshold detection and MEP-brain mapping
- NEURO PRAX® TMS has exclusively a direct data transfer option to BRAINSIGHT® for displaying artifact corrected TMS-EEG data during TMS navigation