by neuroConn Technologies
A hardware platform designed for closed-loop experiments in science and research.
Simultaneous non-invasive brain stimulation (NIBS) and EEG paved the way for a better understanding of NIBS-induced local and network effects and the functional role of brain oscillations. Individual parameters, such as intensity, frequency and phase can influence NIBS outcome. Brain state-dependent NIBS enables researchers to manipulate those parameters and to influence brain activity with high temporal and spectral precision.
This hardware platform is perfect for scientific closed-loop experiments. It provides minimized constant delay between data acquisition, analysis, event detection and derived parameters for the output module (e. g. current source).
neuroConn LOOP-IT supports the combination of electrically independent modules with different functionality:
- EEG / ECG / EMG biosignal acquisition (up to 16 ksps)
- tDCS / tACS / tRNS current sources (low noise, > 10 mApp, > 2 kHz bandwidth)
- multichannel digital I/O (e. g. for tES and TMS) interface for active electrodes
- sensor interface for non-electrical biosignals (e. g. pressure, breathing, blood flow, temperature)
- evoked potential and display interface (e. g. for feedback applications)
Based on a real-time data processing platform
- all modules run synchronized
- simultaneous read/write-access to all modules
- jitter-free data transceiving
- loop delay can be set down to 100 μs