Health, performance and wellbeing coaching has been shown to assist sustainable behavioural changes and manage chronic conditions, as well as help people perform at their peak.
Health Coaching at neurocare
neurocare’s Health & Performance Coaching combines evidence-based behaviour change interventions with techniques from traditional philosophies, positive psychology, and performance coaching.
Coaching at neurocare is based on:
How health coaching works
Coaching involves the active participation and the cultivation of a trusted relationship between coach and coachee. As the client, are an active participant in your sessions, exploring your inner landscape with the support and guidance of your coach.
Typically, you will begin by setting some short- and long-term goal, putting in place some time frames to achieve these in.
Your coach's role is to help decide on the actions you need to take to reach your goals and provide you with support to develop the skill set you need.
Your role in the client-coach relationship is to actively implement the strategies developed with your coach, and provide feedback on these to optimise your growth.
Who can benefit from health coaching?
Our health coaching service benefits individuals who:
- would like better manage their stress or mental load
- want to improve their executive functioning and emotional intelligence
- need help navigating financial stress and the uncertainty of life post-COVID
- feel overwhelmed with their work/life balance
- and are faced with chronic health issues such as poor sleep, lack of focus/concentration, gut issues
- want support handling major life setbacks and transitions
- are seeking support and accountability in building healthy lifestyle fundamentals
- have completed a neuromodulation or therapy program and want additional support to implement sustainable healthy habits in their everyday
neurocare believes in person centred care. We believe everyone is unique, shaped by their individual experiences and motivated by their personal goals. This is why our coaches incorporate a range of interventions, combining and adapting these to develop a customised plan that suits each client’s personal circumstances.
Our coaches employ techniques including:
- Somatic Therapy & Somatic Psychotherapy: Integrating the body, mind and emotions to address both the psychological and physiological symptoms of trauma.
- Nervous System Regulation: Developing the autonomic capacity, flexibility and skill to move between different states of arousal.
- Vagus nerve training: Learning to stimulate or relax your parasympathetic nervous system.
- Behavioural Change Frameworks: Learning how to make positive and enduring change by disrupting current habits and fostering new ones.
Frequently Asked Questions about Health Coaching
As a first step, we offer a 15-minute complimentary consultation with one of our coaches, which you can request at any time. This initial consultation is dedicated to learning about your current health situation, determining if coaching is the right fit for you and the best approach going forward.
Coaching involves the active participation and the cultivation of a trusted relationship between coach and coachee.
As the client, are an active participant in your sessions, exploring your inner landscape with the support and guidance of your coach. Your role is to actively implement new behaviours, actions and strategies developed with your coach and provide feedback so ensure you coach is able to provide the next steps to facilitate lasting change.
Coaching can be offered as an additional layer of support within our established neurocare programs. For example, it may be recommended after a neuromodulation program, as follow up to support further lifestyle changes.
Coaching can also be offered in parallel to your neurocare program, with your coach and your therapist working together to best support you and address the factors which might impact your mental health and performance.
Health & Performance Coaching can assist you with:
Better physical health:
- Improved health outcomes for individuals with chronic diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and cancer
- Improved ability to manage chronic pain and decreased pain intensity
- Reduced expenditure on healthcare
Better mental health:
- Improved mental health and psychological wellbeing
- Reduced symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Better behavioural, psychological, and social outcomes
- Improved behaviours around nutrition, physical activity, and weight management
- Greater ability and confidence to make fundamental behavioural changes
Improved professional performance:
- Greater job satisfaction, productivity, and work-life balance
- Improved cognitive performance, decision-making ability, and motivation
The length of a health coaching program depends on your goals and current health situation.
In your initial assessment, your coach will work with you to identify the goals and outcomes you would like to achieve from coaching and suggest a timeframe to achieve these.
At neurocare, we suggest working in blocks of 6 sessions with the aim of addressing a specific goal our outcome in each block.