NEURO PRAX® - Bio- and Neurofeedback Systems
Like the THERA PRAX® the NEURO PRAX® is a bio- and neurofeedback system with the same intended use: Neurofeedback is a kind of biofeedback and therefore a method in instrument-based behavioral therapy. Neurofeedback allows the patients to perceive and self-regulate their brain activity. Neurofeedback has an equivalent therapeutic effect compared to other kinds of ADHD treatments. If there is no urgent need of therapy because of severe ADHD symptoms, then neurofeedback is probably therapeutically effective. Neurofeedback probably reduces the number of seizures in patients with epilepsy, if previous established treatments were unsuccessful.
Special features of the devices
The full-band DC-EEG systems of the NEURO PRAX® series demonstrate the user-friendliness and the quality of neuroConn technology. The self-explanatory software complements hardware and the ultramodern amplifier technology is globally unique and patented.
- The amplifiers detect brain activity such as EEG (electroencephalogram), EMG (electromyogram) and EP (evoked potentials) ranging from very slow (up to 0.3 Hz) to very fast (up to 1200 Hz) frequencies.
- The systems are available with 32, 64 or 128 channels.
- Each channel is independent and can also be selected as a feedback channel.
- The NEURO PRAX® MR records a noise-free EEG in the functional MRI scanner.
- The NEURO PRAX® TMS/tES allows the derivation of a noise-free EEG during transcranial magnetic stimulation or transcranial electrical stimulation with DC (direct current) and – unique worldwide – AC (alternating current) or noise current.